All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $13.01
About this product
- DescriptionReturning to his childhood home, Dr. Robert Bennett rediscovers an enigmatic artifact that had sparked his imagination when he was a boy. Now, as an accomplished archaeologist, and once again intrigued by the object, he reinvestigates the rocky ledge where all those years ago he had found the artifact, and makes a discovery that can change the world. He soon finds himself swept up in an adventure that takes him to the ends of the earth, pitting him against an insidious enemy and presenting him with awe-inspiring cerebral challenges. The book is written for the reader who enjoys learning and thinking about logic, moral theory and art theory. There are 89 full-color illustrations by the author.
- Author BiographyDr. Richard Crist received his doctorate in philosophy from the City University of New York (CUNY) Graduate Center in 2001. He has taught philosophy and logic in New York City-at Hunter College and City College-and has taught professional ethics at Ulster County Community College. Crist's doctoral dissertation was titled Unity and Variety in Painting. In this dissertation he maintained that long-esteemed paintings are long esteemed because they contain a balance of unity and variety among their abstract elements. More recently he has developed an interest in collective intelligence and has created a system called the Truth Engine to help maximize it. By encouraging people to use the Truth Engine, Crist intends to play a part in eliminating those existing oppositions that are made manifest in public controversy among good people. His goal is to deal with such discord not by ignoring it or by facilitating compromise but by resolving it through the revelation-via Truth-Engine argument-of what's really true, what's really good, and what's really beautiful. Empowered with more and more knowledge of this type, good people will become more able to bring happiness to the world. Crist is an artist and has worked as an illustrator for Analog Magazine and Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. Recently, he has used Blender, the 3D modeling and animation software, and has written a step-by-step guide to the program called Blender Steps. Crist lives in upstate New York near the Hudson River.
- Author(s)Dr Richard Harrison Crist
- PublisherTruth Engine Books
- Date of Publication22/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTruth Engine Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.