Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together fourteen of the most influential articles on the English Civil War, which have appeared over the last thirty years, introduced and contextualized for the reader. Peter Gaunt provides a substantial and wide-ranging introduction giving the essential background to the period and key debates within it, and helping readers to understand and interpret the following chapters.The English Civil War: The Essential Readings includes coverage of all the major debates on this key period in English and British history. It examines the different interpretations of the causes of the war, encompassing long-term origins and short-term causes in the British as well as an English context. It covers key themes surrounding the course of the civil war of 1642-46, and aspects of the impact and consequences of the civil war during the late 1640s and beyond. It discusses military and political affairs alongside social, religious and ecomic developments, providing a rounded picture of the period. This book t only presents an essential source of key articles, it also provides the critical context to understanding the nature of past and continuing historical debates surrounding the major aspects of the civil war.
- Author Biography<b>Peter Gaunt</b> is Reader in History at Chester College of Higher Education. He is Chairman of the Cromwell Association and has published widely on military, political and constitutional aspects of the mid-seventeenth century. His previous books include <i>Oliver Cromwell</i> (Blackwell, 1996) and <i>The British Civil Wars 1637-1651</i> (Routledge, 1997).
- Author(s)Peter Gaunt
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2000
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBlackwell Essential Readings in History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Weight654 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.