All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis powerful, meticulously researched vel is a moving tale of one girl's struggle against a world in turmoil. In 1930s Berlin, choked by the tightening of Hitler's fist, the Klein family are gradually losing everything that is precious to them. Their fifteen-year-old daughter, Rosa, slips out of Germany on a Kindertransport train to begin a new life in England. Charged with the task of securing a safe passage for her family, she vows that she will t rest until they are safe. But as war breaks out and she loses contact with her parents, Rosa finds herself wondering if there are some vows that can't be kept ...A sweeping tale of love and loss, with the poignant story of the Kindertransport at its heart, this is an exceptional accomplishment from one of Britain's bravest and most vibrant young writers.
- Author BiographyJake Wallis Simons is a novelist, journalist and graphic artist. His acclaimed first novel, The Exiled Times of a Tibetan Jew, was named by the Independent on Sunday as a Book of the Year. Jake writes features for the Times, the Guardian, the Independent on Sunday, the Telegraph, La Repubblica and other publications, and his work has been featured in The Week magazine. He is a contributor to BBC Radio 4's From Our Own Correspondent. Born in London in 1978, Jake was awarded a first-class degree in English from St Peter's College, Oxford, before undertaking a PhD in Creative Writing at the University of East Anglia. Jake is a Fellow of The Royal Society of Arts, and Practitioner-in-Residence at Bournemouth University. He lives with his family in Winchester.
- Author(s)Jake Wallis Simons
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication20/05/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.