All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen seventeen-year-old Stella Whittaker is offered the chance to study at the Academy of Music in Vienna it's a dream-come-true, made possible by old family friends, Rainer and Marthe Kraus, who offer her a place to live. Seduced by the elegant beauty of the city, Stella explores the magnificent palaces, gardens and fashionable coffee houses, and after a chance meeting in an art gallery, falls in love with Harri Reznik, a young Jewish doctor. But as the threat of war casts a dark shadow over Europe, Stella soon discovers that both the household where she lives, and the city she has come to call home, are t as welcoming as they once seemed. And at the dawn of this terrifying new world, one is safe.
- Author BiographyMargaret Leroy studied music at Oxford, and has worked as a music therapist and social worker. She has written six previous novels, including her first novel, Trust, televised by Granada; The Perfect Mother was also a NYT Notable Book of the Year, The Drowning Girl was chosen for the Oprah Summer Reading List, and The Soldier's Wife was a GoodReads Historical Fiction finalist. Her books have been published in twelve languages. She is married with two children, and lives in London.
- Author(s)Margaret Leroy
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight306 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $20.49Trending at AU $26.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.