All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe English vel written between 1700 and 1740 remains a comparatively neglected area. In addition to Daniel Defoe, whose Robinson Crusoe and Moll Flanders are landmarks in the history of English fiction, many other authors were at work. These included such women as Penelope Aubin, Jane Barker, Mary Davys, and Eliza Haywood, who made a considerable contribution to widening the range of emotional responses in fiction. These authors, and many others, continued writing in the genres inherited from the previous century, such as criminal biographies, the Utopian vel, the science fictional voyage, and the epistolary vel. This antated bibliography includes entries for these works and for critical materials pertinent to them. The volume first seeks to establish the existing studies of the era, along with anthologies. It then provides entries for a wide-ranging selection of works which cover fictional, theoretical, historical, political, and cultural topics, to provide a comprehensive background to the unfolding and understanding of prose fiction in the early 18th century. This is followed by an alphabetical listing of vels, their editions, and any critical material available on each. The next section provides a chrological record of significant and enduring works of fiction composed or translated in this period. The volume concludes with extensive indexes.
- Author BiographyROBERT IGNATIUS LETELLIER is a member of the Salzburg Centre for Research in the Early English Novel at the University of Salzburg. He is also a member of Trinity College and the Board of Continuing Education at Madingley Hall, the University of Cambridge. His previous books include The English Novel, 1660-1700: An Annotated Bibliography (Greenwood, 1997).
- Author(s)Robert Letellier
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in World Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.56
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindexes
- Weight948 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.