All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionI stayed in the Philippines for almost seven months from May to December in 2012. During my trip to the Philippines, I stayed in Manila for almost two months and in the beautiful Cagayan valley for almost four months. I saw many carabao, goats, chickens and roosters. The animal that they call the carabao is actually a South-East Asian Water Buffalo. They use the carabao as a work animal in the fields and carabao are often seen grazing on the pastures in the Cagayan Valley. I learned many new words during my stay in the Cagayan Valley, among them calesa, a horse and carriage which transports the locals around the city of Tuao, Cagayan. A tricycle is actually a motorcycle with a side car, seen all over Tuao and the capital city of Tuguegarao. It can usually transport four to six people comfortable, but often times one can witness more than that! A kuliglig is a multipurpose farm vehicle that can be used in the rice fields at planting time, as well as to haul sacks of rice or corn (depending on the season). It also transports the farm workers to the fields.
- Author BiographySteven Wiseblood was born in Lincoln, Nebraska and raised in California. He was educated at Allan Hancock Community College where he earned an Associates Degree in Electronics. He also attended Chapman University in orange, California where he earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics. He has been living in Brownsville, Harlingen and South Padre Island in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas loves the beach and looking for seashells. He visited the Philippines for the first time beginning in May 2012 and stayed for almost seven months. During this time in the Philippines he got to know the beautiful Cagayan Valley in the northern part of the Philippines as well as metro Manila.
- Author(s)Steven Craig Wiseblood
- Date of Publication22/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.