All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionA new companion for every English teacher Why have I written an entirely new English Teacher's Companion? Because to offer you anything less would suggest I had t grown, changed, or evolved these past fifteen years. I am t the same teacher I was when I wrote the first edition. Jim Burke The fourth edition of English Teacher's Companion is 100 percent new. Jim Burke has rewritten it to model methods for reaching a new generation of students-when all the ground rules for teaching are changing. A teacher's teacher and a recognized leader in English/language arts education, Jim understands the need for instructional methods that connect the why of teaching to the how. This edition makes the research behind my practice more explicit, he writes. It is also anchored in the Common Core State Standards, because I am still teaching every day-so these standards are my standards too. Weaving in ideas for working with ELLs, struggling readers, and techlogy, English Teacher's Companion, Fourth Edition: looks comprehensively at the research and reality of our profession, our students, and our content provides practical and thoughtful methods for meeting standards in reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language study makes assessment a priority, t only to find out what students kw but to help practitioners improve. I have taught English for nearly 25 years, and I love it, writes Jim Burke. Never has this love been more apparent than in the numerous lessons and teaching moves he includes as well as in the many examples of his own classroom language. Trust the fourth edition of English Teacher's Companion, and bring the passion, power, and practicality of one of America's best teachers to your classroom.
- Author(s)Jim Burke
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.