All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRage, resentment, envy, jealousy, and hatred-- these emotions seem to dominate our times. They rule our highways, our workplaces, our homes, and our hearts. In this provocative book of essays, writer Garret Keizer considers anger in all its baffling forms. Poignantly aware of his own temper, and of his ties to a religion that glorifies meekness, the author looks at anger as a paradox in our struggle to remain human in the midst of an infuriating world. Interweaving personal anecdotes, mythological stories, sacred texts, and Keizer's insightful observations, The Enigma of Anger will prove a welcome companion for anyone who has ever wrestled with wrath-or wished to make better use of it.
- Author BiographyGarret Keizer has served as an Episcopal priest and as a high school English teacher. He is the author of God of Beer, No Place But Here, and the critically acclaimed A Dresser of Sycamore Trees. His work also appears in The Christian Century and Harper's Magazine. He lives in northeastern Vermont with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Garret Keizer
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/05/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight403 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.