All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Ronnie Solan traces the way that early psychic development from birth up to three years is reflected throughout our lifespan, including adulthood, couplehood and parenthood. The inner child reverberating within us (consciously and unconsciously) and thus present in our ongoing interactions with others, often colours and guides our current experiences, whether with our life partner or children, and as psychotherapists, with our patients. Our openness to its resonance allows us to become more attuned to and emotionally accessible to ourselves and others.The author's primary aim is to familiarize the reader with her invative idea of the emotional immune system managed by a healthy narcissism and operating via the inner reverberations of hidden childhood narratives. Our sense of familiar self is accordingly consolidated and immunised to an invasion by foreign sensations.References to world literature, and clinical vignettes taken from the author's perceptive observations and dynamic treatments, are used to illustrate her theoretical invations regarding healthy narcissism, her conceptualization of jointness as a key facet of object relations and of the art of couplehood, and her original and creative account of the ego's mechanisms of adaptation and defence.
- Author BiographyDr Ronnie Solan trained as a clinical psychologist, psychotherapist and psychoanalyst in Switzerland and in Israel, where she became a training and supervising analyst (child and adult). She currently works in Tel Aviv with children, adults and couples. For many years she lectured at the Israel Psychoanalytic Society in Jerusalem and in the Postgraduate Psychotherapy Section, Faculty of Continuing Medical Education, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University. In Switzerland she had the privilege of studying under some of the foremost psychologists and psychoanalysts of our generation, including Jean Piaget at Geneva University, and Prof. Rene Spitz at the Swiss Society of Psychoanalysis, Geneva. 'The Enigma of Childhood' is her first book in English. The original version of the book (2007) has been widely acclaimed by the Hebrew-reading public.
- Author(s)Ronnie Solan
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight703 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.