All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the purpose of higher education? How do teaching and research relate? Are the intellectual purposes of higher education in need of restoration? The Enquiring University explores the ways in which teaching, research and learning are related to each other and to a wider social context, one in which ideas about the nature of the university and kwledge are changing. The book is readily accessible, drawing upon insights that emerge from a wide range of disciplines.Throughout the book, Stephen Rowland develops a conception of enquiry which can play a central role in how we are to understand academic work. It is a concept which values the academic tradition of a love for the subject, while at the same time encouraging exploration across disciplinary and other cultural boundaries. While such a tion of enquiry may seem to be under threat from many of the recent developments in higher education, this book indicates ways in which the appropriate spaces can be opened up to enhance a spirit of enquiry amongst academic staff and their students. The Enquiring University is key reading for university lecturers, those studying for higher degrees in higher education and policy makers.
- Author BiographyHaving graduated from Cambridge University in engineering and philosophy, Stephen Rowland taught and researched into the nature of learning at schools and universities. As Professor of Higher Education at University College London he continues to explore how intellectual enquiry can play a more central role in university life.
- Author(s)Stephen Rowland
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.