All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopular historian and award-winning author Jon M. Sweeney relates the untold story of St. Francis's friendship with Elias of Cortona, the man who helped him build the Franciscan movement. Sweeney uses the complexities of their relationship in a gripping narrative of how their efforts changed the world and how Elias's enthusiasm betrayed the ideals of his friend. Few biographies of St. Francis have examined his complicated relationship with close friend Elias of Cortona. In The Enthusiast, award-winning author and historian Jon M. Sweeney delves into this little-kwn partnership that defined and then almost destroyed Francis's ideals. Blending history and biography, Sweeney reveals how Francis and Elias rebuilt churches, aided lepers, and entertained as God's troubadours to the delight of everyday people who had grown tired of a remote and tumultuous Church.
- Author BiographyJON M. SWEENEY is an independent scholar and one of religion's most respected writers. He is the bestselling author of The Pope Who Quit. Sweeney's other works include When Saint Francis Saved the Church, Inventing Hell, The Complete Francis of Assisi, and The St. Francis Prayer Book. He writes regularly for America and The Tablet and is also the editorial director at Franciscan Media.
- Author(s)Jon M. Sweeney
- PublisherAve Maria Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAve Maria Press
- Weight363 g
- Width215 mm
- Height139 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.