Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionRob Newman is currently performing his latest stand-up show: A New Theory Of Evolution. Following a packed out run at the Edinburgh Festival and a nationwide tour, this is the written companion to the show: an illustrated comedic book that combines his talents as a comedian and performer with his skill as a writer and velist. The Entirely Accurate Encyclopaedia of Evolution will also be produced as a radio show to be broadcast by Radio 4 in November, 2015. In this witty, fact-packed A-Z, Newman takes the reader on a whirlwind tour from caring, sharing vampire bats to intelligent slime-mold; from pacifist baboons to Richard Dawkins wrestling naked with his postman; from the invisibility cloak of the Hawaiian bobtail squid to Francis DNA Crick s belief that life on earth began with alien spaceships. The only comedian ever credited in a paper published in the science journal Nature, Newman explores how stunning scientific breakthroughs have turned received ideas of evolution upside-down.
- Author BiographyRobert Newman is an author and comedian. The first comedian to sell out Wembley Stadium, he is the author of four novels, including The Fountain at the Center of the World and The Trade Secret.
- Author(s)Robert Newman
- PublisherFreight Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCargo Publishing
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.