All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this groundbreaking book Bill Bolton and John Thompson present a completely new take on the conventional domains of entrepreneur, leader and manager. They argue that in today's turbulent and uncertain world, businesses longer have the time for a business cycle that begins with an entrepreneur, hands over to a manager and finally brings in a strategic leader when things are flagging. 'The New Normal' that w prevails requires that these things run together and calls for a new kind of all-rounder. Bolton and Thompson give us a new word to describe such a person: The ENTIREPRENEUR The entirely competent person, able to discern aright and make things happen. Drawing upon the successful person-centred approach of their books on entrepreneurs they first tell the stories of over 40 entirepreneurs, demonstrating clearly that such people do exist. After discussing the 'New Normal' context they present a fascinating analysis that goes below the surface to describe the key Talent, Temperament, Technique and Discernment attributes that explain the entirepreneur. Readers have the opportunity to make a self-evaluation of their own attribute strengths, concluding with a final 'entirepreneur' score. This fascinating and insightful look at the entirepreneur is a clear pointer to what will be demanded of those who wish to succeed amid the vicissitudes of the 'New Normal'.
- Author BiographyBill Bolton has spent his professional life working in industry (as Technical Director of a Swedish Multinational), in academia (at the University of Cambridge) and as an international consultant. John Thompson has experience in retailing and the steel industry as well as spending many years as an academic. He is a Professor of Entrepreneurship but he has also taught strategy extensively. This is the fifth book they have written together.
- Author(s)Bill Bolton,John Thompson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 19 black & white line drawings
- Weight342 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.