Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis well-illustrated 'think piece' provides a much needed and topical philosophical introduction to the place of environmental design in architecture. The Environments of Architecture sets out a range of considerations necessary to produce appropriate internal environments in the context of a wider discussion on the effect of building decisions on the broader environment. The authors, from architecture and engineering, academia and practice, provide a rounded and well-balanced introduction to this important topic. Starting from a belief that the built environment can contribute more positively to the planet and the pleasure of places as well as answering the practical demands of comfort, they cover site planning, form, materials, construction and operation as well as looking at design on a city level. Presenting a thoughtful and stimulating approach to the built environment, this book forms an excellent guide for practitioners, students and academics concerned with our built environment.
- Author BiographyRandall Thomas is a consultant to Max Fordham LLP and teaches in the UK and France. He is currently a Visiting Professor at the University of Cambridge, Professor of Sustainable Environmental Design at Kingston University and a Course Organiser at the AA. His previous books include Environmental Design, Photovoltaics and Architecture and Sustainable Urban Design. Trevor Garnham is an architect and Principal Lecturer at Kingston University School of Architecture. His previous books include Lines on the Landscape, Circles from the Sky; Monuments of Neolithic Orkney and three books on Arts and Crafts buildings. He is a regular reviewer of contemporary buildings for architectural journals.
- Author(s)Randall Thomas,Trevor Garnham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note87 black & white halftones, 73 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.