Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis ancient saga begins with the goddess Pele's migration to Kilauea and her spirit's search for a lover. The story then details the quest of Pele's younger sister, Hi'iakaikapoliopele, to find the handsome Lohi'auipo, and bring him back to their crater home. It is a very human account of love and lust, jealousy and justice, peopled with deities, demons, chiefs and commoners.</p>This version by Ho'oulumahie-hie ran from 1905 to 1906 as a daily series in the Hawaiian-language newspaper Ka Na'i Aupuni. It is the most extensive form of the story ever documented, offering a wealth of detail and insights about social and religious practices, poetry and hula, healing arts, and many other Hawaiian customs.</p>
- PublisherAwaiaulu Inc.
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAwaiaulu Inc.
- Weight1338 g
- Width193 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Solomon Enos
- Translated byM Puakea Nogelmeier
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.