All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Epic of the Cid records the deeds of Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar, the Cid of history and legend. A powerful warrior in the Christian reconquest of medieval Spain, a formidable strategist, and a charismatic leader, the Cid deeply impressed his contemporaries, both Christian and Muslim. Already, in his lifetime, songs, stories, and chronicles were devoted to his exploits. In offering both a highly readable, colloquial prose translation of El Cantar de Mio Cid and selections from a wide variety of those contemporary accounts, this volume brings the historical figure back to life for modern readers. Harney's substantial Introduction and antation provide the historical, military, and literary background necessary for an informed reading of the texts; also included are maps, a compendium of proper names, a bibliography, and an index.
- Author BiographyMichael Harney is Associate Professor of Spanish and Portuguese, University of Texas at Austin.
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight302 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Introduction byMichael Harney
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.