All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Sean Connery to Roy Rogers, from comedy to political satire, films that include espionage as a plot device run the gamut of actors and styles. More than just 'spy movies', espionage films have evolved over the history of cinema and American culture, from stereotypical foreign spy themes, to patriotic star features, to the Cold War plotlines of the sixties, and finally to the sexy, slick films of the nineties. This reference filmography comprehensively covers movies involving elements of espionage, from The Abductors to Zotz ! Each entry includes release date, running time, alternate titles, cast and crew, a brief sypsis, and commentary. There is an introduction that analyzes the development of these films and their reflection of the changing culture that spawned them.
- Author BiographyFreelance writer <b>Paul Mavis</b> has contributed articles to such cinema publications as <i>The Viewsletter</i> and <i>American Movie Classics Magazine.</i> He has also served as the film historian for the Toledo Museum of Art. He lives in Maumee, Ohio.
- Author(s)Paul Mavis
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note67 photos, bibliography, indexes
- Weight1066 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.