All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe go-to reference for academic leaders seeking practical answers to everyday challenges The Essential Academic Dean or Provost explains the how of academic leadership, providing a practical, comprehensive, reality-based reference for almost any problem, challenge, or opportunity. This updated second edition includes new chapters on the difference between leadership and management in higher education, leadership in politically charged environments, effective strategies for making decisions, and working with associate deans or provosts, plus new case studies, new research, and ten additional chapters available on the companion website. Each topic deals concisely with the most important information deans and provosts need when faced with a particular situation, providing both a comprehensive guide to academic leadership as well as a ready reference to be consulted as needed. The role of a dean or provost at a modern university is extremely complex, involving budgeting, community relations, personnel decisions, management of a large enterprise, fundraising, and guiding a school, college, or entire institution toward a compelling vision of the future. The details academic leaders have to deal with are numerous and critical, and every little thing matters. This invaluable guide provides the answers you need when you need them, and gives you framework for successfully navigating your job's many competing demands. * Build support for a shared vision of the future * Interact effectively with different internal and external constituencies * Learn decision-making techniques specific to the academic environment * Set, supervise, and implement a budget that allows your programs to flourish Academic leaders need a handy, focused reference that provides authoritative answers to the many issues and questions that arise every day. With proven solutions to a multitude of challenges, The Essential Academic Dean or Provost shows academic leaders what they need to kw in order to successfully guide their institutions into the future.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY L. BULLER is dean of the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College at Florida Atlantic University and senior partner in ATLAS (Academic Training, Leadership, and Assessment Services). He is the author of The Essential Department Chair, Academic Leadership Day by Day, Best Practices in Faculty Evaluation, Positive Academic Leadership, and Change Leadership in Higher Education, all from Jossey-Bass.
- Author(s)Jeffrey L. Buller
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleJossey-Bass Resources for Department Chairs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight784 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.