All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving a baby is a fantastic event but it can be intense and challenging. From the start, there are so many vital things to understand and parents don't always kw to whom or where to turn. With a panel of experts including Professor Robert Winston, The Royal College of Paediatrics and St John Ambulance offering up-to-date advice, this books gives well researched, medically backed-up information to help parents make the right decisions for themselves and for their baby. Looking at a range of subjects such as sleeping, feeing and first aid, each chapter is structured around common questions asked by parents. Amongst many others, the areas covered include: breastfeeding; how to maintain a bond between mother and baby if you choose to formula feed; moving to solids; health issues such as recognising a meningitis rash; when to go to hospital, immunisations and how they work; how to soothe your baby when crying; a guide to your baby's sleeping patterns; a guide to your baby's social, physical and cognitive development; and finally advice on safety and infant first aid.The Essential Baby Care Guide is the third in the series of reference books compiled by The Essential Parent Company and advised by Professor Robert Winston. With tips, lists of do's and don'ts and case studies, this book give you everything you need to kw to look after your new baby in the first twelve months.
- Author BiographyThe Essential Parent Company was founded by Rebecca Chicot and Diana Hill. In 2012 they launched a box set of four DVDs The Essential Baby Care Guide that demonstrate and clearly explain everything you need to know to look after your new baby. The DVDs are advised and narrated by Professor Robert Winston. The material on the DVDs is also available as an app and downloads. Professor Robert Winston is currently Professor of Science and Society and Emeritus Professor of Fertility Studies at Imperial College and a well-known television presenter. His research has led to the development of gynaecological microsurgery in the 1970s and various improvements in reproductive medicine that was consequently adopted internationally. Awarded honorary doctorates at sixteen universities, his activities in the House of Lords include speaking regularly on education, science, medicine and the arts and he is also a board member and Vicechairman of the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology. Passionate about babies and their development, he is a father of three and believes early experience is pivotal in making us who we are as adults.
- Author(s)Diana Hill,Dr. Rebecca Chicot,Robert Winston
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Width137 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine137 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.