All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionFor many people conceiving a baby is easy. For others, the difficulty or inability to conceive can cause anguish and heartache due to possible fertility issues. When people learn that their fertility is challenged they have a vast array of questions. There is a lot of important information but men and women don't always kw where to turn. Written by one of the founding fathers of IVF and experts in fertility Professor Robert Winston, this book offers the most up-to-date, well researched, scientifically proven and reassuring advice and guidance at this time. Divided into a number of subjects such as understanding your fertility, diet, fertility treatments and support, each chapter is structured around the most common questions asked by men and women.Amongst many others, the areas covered include how men and women's fertility can be challenged; what can be done to increase your chances of getting pregnant naturally; when you might want to consider fertility treatment; what treatments are available and how they vary; the kinds of questions you should be asking your treatment clinic; if there are risks of fertility treatment; the difficulties people go through during fertility treatment and what support is given. The Essential Fertility Guide is the first in the series of reference books published in association with The Essential Parent Company. With tips, lists of do's and don'ts and case studies, this book arms you with everything you need to kw and understand about fertility and how to boost your changes of having a baby.
- Author BiographyThe Essential Parent Company was founded by Rebecca Chicot and Diana Hill. In 2012 they launched a box set of four DVDs The Essential Baby Care Guide that demonstrate and clearly explain everything you need to know to look after your new baby. The DVDs are advised and narrated by Professor Robert Winston. The material on the DVDs is also available as an app and downloads. Professor Robert Winston is currently Professor of Science and Society and Emeritus Professor of Fertility Studies at Imperial College and a well-known television presenter. His research has led to the development of gynaecological microsurgery in the 1970s and various improvements in reproductive medicine that was consequently adopted internationally. Awarded honorary doctorates at sixteen universities, his activities in the House of Lords include speaking regularly on education, science, medicine and the arts and he is also a board member and Vicechairman of the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology. Passionate about babies and their development, he is a father of three and believes early experience is pivotal in making us who we are as adults.
- Author(s)Robert Winston,The Essential Parent Company
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Width137 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.