All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionPresented in an attractive gift book format and commemorating the seventy-fifth anniversary of the passing of Kahlil Gibran, The Essential Gibran is a volume of selected passages representative of Gibran's style and thought. Offering a wide variety of theme, occasion, mood, and form, his essential style is captured in reflective poetic prose, dramatic sketches, allegories and parables, national and international addresses, and romantic writings of all kinds. Evident throughout is his abiding respect for universal human rights, the equality of men and women, and religious tolerance. This is a wonderful insight into a universal figure whose profound humanity and concern for the highest standards of integrity in both a moral and literary sense transcends the boundaries between cultures, which have too often found themselves in opposition to each other.
- Author BiographySuheil Bushrui is internationally recognized as the foremost authority on Kahlil Gibran, and has widely published on him in Arabic and in English. In 1983 he was appointed by the President of the Republic of Lebanon as a co-ordinator of the Presidential Committee commemorating the one hundredth anniversary of Gibran's birth. He is currently Professor and Director of the University of Maryland Kahlil Gibran Research and Studies Project at the Center for Heritage Resource Studies.
- Author(s)Kahlil Gibran,Suheil Bushrui
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Out-of-print date05/10/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.