All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChakras are the body's subtle energy centres vital for our physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. This comprehensive book provides a detailed guide to the characteristics of each chakra and how you can work with them to heal and balance every aspect of your life. Beginning with an outline of the key energy concepts including prana, the nadis and kundalini energy, the book goes on to explain the basic techniques for working with chakras, including: meditating on yantras, the geometric representation of chakra energies; mantras; exercises; and journaling. Saradananda then explores in depth each chakra in turn, describing its key characteristics and related physical disorders, providing helpful yoga poses and breathing techniques and giving clear information on how to recognise the signs that your chakra is overactive, underactive or balanced. You will also discover how the chakras relate to each other and find advice on protecting yourself while working energetically. This is an essential book for everyone wanting to achieve total well-being through understanding and working with these vital energy centres.
- Author BiographySwami Saradananda is former editor of Yoga Life and director of Sivananda Yoga Centers in New York, London and Delhi. Now based in London, she teaches meditation and yoga in centres around the world and leads yearly pilgrimages to India. She is the author of Chakra Meditation and The Power of Breath, both published by DBP.
- Author(s)Swami Saradananda
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width127 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.