All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day, incent people are accosted and assaulted by criminals, many of whom carry weapons. The increasingly popular martial art of Krav Maga offers powerful methods and a direct approach to fighting back. Simplicity, speed and efficiency are the main characteristics of Krav Maga, which was founded for the Israeli armed forces and adopted by many other groups worldwide. This book, written by a police officer who has taught Krav Maga extensively, presents an array of self-defense techniques. Each chapter contains instructions for a different type of defense and is a complete lesson. These include defensive strategies against empty-handed assailants and those with a variety of weapons. The book explains how to protect a companion, a boyfriend or girlfriend, or a child, and even how to get away from a group of assailants. Author Christophe Philippe offers simple, thorough explanations accompanied by full-colour photographic sequences demonstrating the techniques.
- Author BiographyChristophe Philippe, a police officer since 1993, is authorised to officially represent and teach Krav Maga to the French National Police Force. The developer of the AKMP, the Krav Maga Police Association, he lives in Paris.
- Author(s)Christophe Philippe
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Notecol
- Weight227 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.