All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRene Guen (1886-1951) was the founder of the Perennialist/Traditionalist school of comparative religious thought well-kwn for its espousal of the transcendent unity of religions . In a time of unquestioning belief in the dogmas of progress and evolution, Guen issued a devastating critique of the modern world. A pioneering philosopher, he, also, provided the intellectual keys for a reclamation of the West's spiritual riches through an exposition of the Eastern metaphysical doctrines. His writings range over a vast terrain - Vedanta, the Chinese tradition, Christianity, Sufism, the Kabbalah, world mythology, symbolism and alchemy.
- Author BiographyBorn in France, Rene Guenon was the author of over 24 books. Editor John Herlihy has written for such traditional journals as Sacred Web and Sophia, as well as writing several books that include Borderlands of the Spirit, and Wisdom's Journey. He currently works as a lecturer in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Author(s)Rene Guenon
- PublisherWorld Wisdom Books
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Wisdom Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width158 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJohn Herlihy
- Introduction byMartin Lings
- Foreword byMartin Lings
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.