All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $22.42Free postage
- AU $23.29Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionRuPaul -- the most famous drag queen in the world, recording artist, cult television host, pop-cultural icon -- is celebrated in this essential fan guide. Bursting onto the scene over two decades ago (with huge hit 'Supermodel of the World') RuPaul has been confounding critics to clear her own path over the many years since. Most recently, RuPaul has again become an unlikely pop-cultural icon by producing and starring in RuPaul's Drag Race -- a reality television series that judges the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent of the competing drag queens. Over seven seasons and numerous spin-off series (including All Stars and RuPaul's Drag U), RuPaul's Drag Race has become a cult global hit -- fans kw the catchphrases, the personalities, the catfights. The Essential RuPaul celebrates Ru's history (or, herstory, as she frames it), philosophy ( if you can't love yourself -- how in the hell you gonna love someone else? ) as well profiling the most loved and reviled queens from her TV series. This is one for the true fans.
- Author BiographyBorn in Michigan, USA, on the edge of the Great Lakes, Libby VanderPloeg is an illustrator living and working in Brooklyn. She spends her days drawing and painting flora and fauna of all varieties, preferring to work with a strong cup of coffee always at arms reach. Her work has been featured in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The Boston Globe, and Design*Sponge, and in books from Farrar, Straus & Giroux, HarperCollins, and Hardie Grant.
- Author(s)John Davis
- PublisherSmith Street Books
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintSmith Street Books
- Out-of-print date11/03/2017
- Content NoteFull colour
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Libby VanderPloeg
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.