All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionExploring early hits such as The Twilight Zone and Star Trek , as well as more recent successes such as Battlestar Galactica and Lost , The Essential Science Fiction Television Reader illuminates the history, narrative approaches, and themes of the genre. The book discusses science fiction television from its early years when shows attempted to recreate the allure of science fiction cinema, to its current status as a sophisticated genre with a popularity all its own.J. P. Telotte has assembled a wide-ranging volume rich in theoretical scholarship yet fully accessible to science fiction fans. The book supplies readers with valuable historical context, analyses of essential science fiction series, and an understanding of the key issues in science fiction television.
- Author BiographyJ. P. Telotte, professor of literature, communication, and culture at the Georgia Institute of Technology, is the author or editor of numerous books.
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/05/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleEssential Readers in Contemporary Media and Culture
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note43 photographs
- Weight689 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJ. P. Telotte
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.