All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionSPSS STUDENT-VERSION SOFTWARE* NOW AVAILABLE!Want the convenience of having the SPSS** software (student version, v18) bundled with the book? CQ Press w offers that option as well &BAD:ndash; for just $25 more, it's a great value.Package The Essentials of Political Analysis, 3rd Edition with An SPSS Companion to Political Analysis, 3rd Edition and SPSS student-version software! Simply order ISBN 978-1-60426-502-6.The Essentials of Political Analysis, 3rd EditionStudent anxiety runs high given the seemingly intimidating nature of the methods course. Philip Pollock's first order of business is to get math-phobic students comfortable learning and using the tools of political analysis. Brief and accessible, his text walks students through the basics&BAD:mdash;measuring concepts, formulating and testing hypotheses, describing variables&BAD:mdash;and uses key terms, chapter-opening objectives, more than eighty tables and figures, and class-tested chapter exercises to promote skill application and aid student review. Fully up-to-date with new exercises and data, this third edition includes a new chapter devoted to measuring and describing variables, as well as fresh coverage of multiple regression and research design. Find out more about The Essentials of Political Analysis, 3rd Edition, including testimonials and the table of contents. An SPSS Companion to Political Analysis, 3rd EditionIn his popular workbook, An SPSS Companion to Political Analysis, Philip H. Pollock III gets students using actual political data and working with a software tool that prepares them for future political science courses. Now updated using SPSS 16.0, the new third edition is a -nsense and friendly introduction to using SPSS: students learn through a series of guided examples, reference 120 screenshots, and can count on step-by-step instructions to all procedures. As in previous editions, the workbook covers the full array of data analysis procedures from introductory to advanced, including descriptive statistics and data transformations, to dummy variables and interaction effects. A final chapter shows students how to code data and how to read it into SPSS. With 50% more exercises than in the previous edition, students t only interact with a range of substantive political science questions, but encounter more exercises on comparative and international politics, investigating such topics as the relative importance of cultural and institutional factors in shaping political parties or the extent to which wealth is equally distributed within countries. The third edition also delves deeper into the use of graphic display to complement empirical results. Students learn state of the art editing techniques using SPSS Chart Editor, while following protocols described by leading experts in the graphic display of quantitative information. In addition to creating simple bar charts and line graphs, students will learn to produce scatterplots and logistic regression curves.The datasets have been thoroughly updated and expanded, and include a set for student version users. A solutions manual with answers to all of the exercises is available to adopters.Find out more about An SPSS Companion to Political Analysis, 3rd Edition, including testimonials and the table of contents.*The SPSS Student version is a limited version of the SPSS Base software. **SPSS was acquired by IBM in October 2009
- Author BiographyPhilip H. Pollock III is professor of political science at the University of Central Florida. He has taught courses in research methods at the undergraduate and graduate levels for nearly 30 years. His main research interests are American public opinion, voting behavior, techniques of quantitative analysis, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. His recent research has been on the effectiveness of Internet-based instruction. Pollock's research has appeared in the American Journal of Political Science, Social Science Quarterly, and British Journal of Political Science. Recent scholarly publications include articles in Political Research Quarterly, the Journal of Political Science Education, and PS: Political Science and Politics.
- Author(s)Philip H. Pollock
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Contained items statementContains 2 Books and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.