All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ethics of Medical Homicide and Mutilation By Austin O'Malley, Ph.D In this book is discussed the morality involved in the ordinary cases of medical homicide and mutilation. Craniotomy has been omitted because this operation on the living child is never morally licit, and when done on the dead fetus it has moral quality that requires explanation. The articles may seem to be intended for Catholic physicians and spiritual directors alone, but the desire in writing them was to reach all practitioners, to the end that the Natural Law which binds every man may be observed. Morality is t made such in its fundamental principles by any religious creed, but by the requirements of Divine Order, which finally prevails matter what the opposition. Killing and maiming without sufficient extenuation did t become unlawful solely by the establishment of Christianity. Practically, however, physicians who have religion, or a religion which is so illogical as to pay attention to dogma, or even to rail at it as obtrusive, necessarily gravitates to the emotional in morality, and the principles of this book will t even interest them. Dogmas are abstract propositions, and all human society rests on abstract propositions. The most vital facts in morality, the basic distinction between crime and all that is virtuous or indifferent morally, is in abstract principle alone, but physicians and pastors who are t trained in philosophy and rational religion cant appreciate an abstract principle-they are influenced only by the concrete.
- Author(s)Austin O'Malley Ph D
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.