All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, eleven leading theorists debate the rmative challenges of preventive war through the lens of important public and political issues of war and peace in the twenty-first century. Their discussion covers complex and topical subjects including terrorism, the 'Bush doctrine' and the invasion of Iraq, Iran's nuclear capabilities, superpower unilateralism and international war tribunals. They examine the moral conundrum of preventive intervention and emphasize the need for a stronger and more effective international legal and political order and a corresponding re-evaluation of the rmative status of international law. Together their essays form a challenging and timely volume that will be of interest to scholars in ethics and political philosophy, political theory, international relations, international law and peace studies and to general readers interested in the broader issues of peace and justice in the new world order.
- Author BiographyDeen K. Chatterjee is the Senior Advisor and Professorial Fellow of Justice and Global Initiative in the S. J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah and the editor-in-chief of the two-volume Encyclopedia of Global Justice and the series editor of Studies in Global Justice. His publications include Democracy in a Global World: Human Rights and Political Participation in the 21st Century (2007), Ethics of Assistance: Morality and the Distant Needy (2004) and, with Don E. Scheid, Ethics and Foreign Intervention (2003).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDeen K. Chatterjee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.