All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionThe European MJnetary System (EMS) is perhaps the only success story of the Common Market since the First Enlargement. Its success, particul- arly where the conmercial use of the EO] is concerned, has taken st experts by surprise. So Irn. lch so, that when the author tried to recamEIld to his students a suitable and substantial w::>rk of study and/or reference about the experience of the EMS and its possible future evolution --- book could be found. Thus, the author set out to write the present w::>rk. The author's aim is t to give a historical account of the EMS. Rather, the intention is to place the experience in a rrajor historical context wherein the System is seen an irrpJrtant transitional phase on the road to the ~lementation of a full ecomic and rronetary union (EMU). When examining the earlier plans for an EMU which Si3!N the light of day between 1969 and 1970 (already so long ago:) clear reasons emerge why the original six founder Member States of the EEx::: should have found it logical to embark upon the road to an EMU - provided the political will to do so existed . Thus, they had beCOIre highly integrated and were conducting half their trade with each other. Then, there was the desire to integrate still further ---- eventually leading (perhaps) to a political union.
- Author BiographyPeter Coffey, a British national was until recently, Head of the Economics section at the Europa Instituut, University of Amsterdam. Presently he is Holder of the recently created U.S. West Chair at the Graduate School at the College of St. Thomas, Minnesota, USA. He has published many works on European and international economic and monetary problems. Professor Coffey, who speaks seven languages, has lectured in most countries of the EC, as well as in many other parts of the world.
- Author(s)P. Coffey
- Date of Publication22/01/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.