All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is generally assumed that regional integration leads to stability and peace. This book is a systematic study of the impact of European integration on the transformation of border conflicts. It provides a theoretical framework centred on four 'pathways' of impact and applies them to five cases of border conflicts: Cyprus, Ireland, Greece/Turkey, Israel/Palestine and various conflicts on Russia's border with the EU. The contributors suggest that integration and association provide the EU with potentially powerful means to influence border conflicts, but that the EU must constantly re-adjust its policies depending on the dynamics of each conflict. Their findings reveal the conditions upon which the impact of integration rests and challenge the widespread tion that integration is necessarily good for peace. This book will appeal to scholars and students of international relations, European politics, and security studies studying European integration and conflict analysis.
- Author BiographyThomas Diez is Professor of International Relations in the Department of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Birmingham. Mathias Albert is Professor of Political Science in the Faculty of Sociology at Bielefeld University, Germany and a co-director of the Institute for World Society Studies. Stephan Stetter is Associate Professor in Political Science in the Faculty of Sociology at Bielefeld University, Germany.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 tables
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMathias Albert,Stephan Stetter,Thomas Diez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.