All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionSince 2001, the prevention of violent conflicts has been a priority of the European Union's external policy. In addition to new operational competences developed under the Common Foreign and Security Policy, the European Union is particularly suited to combat root-causes of conflicts throughout the world. The current draft Constitution for Europe proposes to insert the prevention of conflicts within the text of the Treaty. This volume explores and scrutinizes the progress achieved by the European Union in the definition of a concrete conflict prevention strategy, as well as the challenges it still faces. The contributors focus on the following issues: definition of and indicators for conflict prevention; institutional and constitutional dimension of conflict prevention; EU's instruments for the prevention of violent conflicts; structural conflict prevention and mainstreaming conflict prevention into EU's policies; and cooperation with other international organisations and civil society.
- Author BiographyV. Kronenberger, legal secretary, Court of First Instance of the EC, Luxembourg. Jan Wouters, Professor of International Law, Catholic University of Leuven.
- PublisherT.M.C. Asser Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2004
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationThe Hague
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintT.M.C. Asser Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1166 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byJan Wouters,Vincent Kronenberger
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.