All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume seeks to explore the complex relationship between the European Union and International Organizations, and to fill a remarkably wide gap in existing literature on the topic. Analysing the way in which the EU engages in some of the most important international organizations, this book outlines a framework for analysis within this thriving subject of study. By demonstrating how the EU supports 'effective multilateralism' and global governance, as well as furthering developments within foreign policy, this volume adopts a vel perspective on the EU as an international player. Seeking to move the focus of study beyond the European Union as itself an international organization, contributors set out to demonstrate EU aspirations to act within international organizations. The volume's key features include: * the first comprehensive study on this topic * eight case studies of the EU, including its role within the UN, WTO, NATO, and the ICC * contributions from both internationally rewned political scientists and ecomists The European Union and International Organizations will be of vital interest to students and scholars of international relations, European Politics, Political Science, and International Organisations. It will also be of interest to a wider readership including policy makers, diplomats, and journalists.
- Author BiographyKnud Erik Jorgensen is a Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Aarhus. He has published widely on European international affairs. Currently he is preparing a textbook on IR theory and a monograph on European foreign policy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2008
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge/Garnet Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKnud Erik Jorgensen
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.