Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a comprehensive and rigorous exploration of intertwined issues surrounding the EU's democracy and legitimacy, written in the turbulent context of the financial crisis. The chapters are woven together under four interconnected thematic sections that examine: rapidly growing national euroscepticism; the Ecomic Monetary Union and its legitimacy; the future of EU integration; and democratic deficit(s) across its internal & external structure. The volume presents an authoritative collection of research results and surveys by experts in various disciplines related to the EU, and is addressed to researchers and students examining EU governance, representation and accountability, as well as practitioners across a multiplicity of fields.
- Author BiographyKyriakos N. Demetriou is Professor of the History of Political Thought at the University of Cyprus. He is the Executive Editor of Polis, The Journal for Ancient Greek Political Thought, 2002-present (UK), Overseeing Editor of Brill series Companions to Classical Reception and member of the advisory Board of Innovation. His research interests are in the areas of intellectual history, the history of classical reception, theories of democracy and liberalism, and the history of historiography. He is co-editor of John Stuart Mill: A British Socrates (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013) and editor of Democracy in Transition (Springer, 2013). He has published widely in international refereed journals and he is the author of, among others, Studies on the Reception of Plato and Greek Political Thought in Victorian Britain (Ashgate, 2011); Classics in the Nineteenth Century: Responses to George Grote, ed. with Introduction, 4 vols (Continuum, 2004) and George Grote on Plato and Athenian Democracy: A Study in Classical Reception (Peter Lang, 1999).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, 17 black & white tables, biography
- Weight433 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKyriakos N. Demetriou
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.