All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe service sector has t always received the attention it merits in industrial relations research when set against its ermous ecomic significance. One factor in this is certainly the highly diverse nature of services. Research attention has also lagged behind long-standing processes of transnationalization undertaken by service sector companies and the challenges these pose for policy and practice in the field of employment relations. This study by Stefan Rub and Hans-Wolfgang Platzer represents a pioneering effort to remedy this gap. Through six named company case studies, Rub and Platzer explore the scope and background for transnational employee relations conflicts and the mechanisms that have emerged to resolve and anticipate these, highlighting the complex relationships between employee representatives, management and trade unions. The choice of case studies aims to capture a broad range of service sector employment, in terms of both working conditions and employment relations arrangements. As well as covering a number of key sectors, the choice of home countries of the selected firms also aims to capture the impact of national influences for the main industrial relations models in Europe. Overall, the study offers insights into the complexities of the Europeanization of company-level industrial relations in a dynamic field w also confronted by the convulsions unleashed by the Eurozone crisis.
- Author BiographyStefan Rub works as a senior researcher at the University of Applied Sciences, Fulda, Germany. He is a founding member of the European and Global Industrial Relations Research Group at the University of Applied Sciences, Fulda, Germany. Hans-Wolfgang Platzer has been Professor in the Department of Social Science and Cultural Studies at the University of Applied Sciences, Fulda, Germany since 1992. He holds the Jean Monnet Chair of European Integration, ad personam and is Director of the European and Global Industrial Relations Research Group at the University of Applied Sciences, Fulda, Germany.
- Author(s)Hans-Wolfgang Platzer,Stefan Rub
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTrade Unions Past, Present and Future
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight370 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byPete Burgess
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.