All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't live in a cloister or a monastery, but you take your prayer life seriously and want to explore ways to pray regularly and better. The Liturgy of the Hours is one of those ways but for those of us who find it a little intimidating, Daria Sockey provides a solid overview to this ancient prayer practice. The Everyday Catholic's Guide to the Liturgy of the Hours will answer questions like: <ul> What is the history of the Liturgy of the Hours? How can the Liturgy of the Hours fit into a busy schedule? Why is the Liturgy of the Hours relevant today? Print or online resources: Which is better? There is a rhythm of prayer, t just throughout the day, but throughout the year. Sockey explores the spiritual riches of the seasons, the saints, and special feast days, which add depth and variety to prayer. She also addresses the practice of praying the Scriptures, especially the psalms, and helps the reader to appreciate the universal beauty of these ancient prayers. Don't let concerns about what page am I supposed to be on? scare you away. Sockey will be your guide to answer common questions and overcome common fears. Your prayer life will never be the same!
- Author BiographyDaria Sockey is a freelance writer, mother of seven children, and experienced homeschooler who lives in the Pittsburgh area. Daria has a B.A. in education and has taken graduate courses in moral theology, Christology, Mariology, and the psychology of spiritual development at St. Joseph's Seminary, Dunwoodie, New York. Her articles appear regularly in Catholic Digest, National Catholic Register, and Lay Witness. This is her first book.
- Author(s)D. Sockey
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Weight204 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.