All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $33.75Trending at AU $36.04
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $35.96Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.07
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $44.38
- AU $33.56Trending at AU $33.91
About this product
- DescriptionHundreds of traditional and contemporary recipes for an authentic taste of Brazil! Brazilian food is a complex and vibrant fusion of native Indian foods and ingredients with immigrant culinary traditions from Portugal and Africa, as well as the Middle East, Japan, Germany, and Italy. Each geographic region of Brazil has its own distinctive cuisine, based on locally available ingredients and the people who settled there. The Everything Brazilian Cookbook aims to introduce this exciting cuisine to you with a collection of t-too-complicated yet adventurous recipes, including:* Brazilian Chicken Salad - Salpicao* Warm Sweet Potato Salad - Salada Quente de Batata Doce* Creamy Shrimp Soup - Caldo de Camarao* Pork and Hominy Stew - Canjiquinha Mineira* Coconut Butternut Squash Soup - Sopa de Abobora e Coco* Braised Roulades of Beef in Tomato Sauce - Bife a Role* Roast Leg of Lamb with Cachaca - Pernil de Cordeiro Assado na Cachaca* Stewed Chicken with Okra - Frango com Quiabo* Pineapple Raisin Farofa - Farofa de Abacaxi* Brazilian-style Greens - Couve a Mineira* Guava Cheesecake - Cuca de Queijo com Goiabada* Passion Fruit Mousse - Mousse de Maracuja The recipes in this book start with fresh, healthy ingredients, instead of relying on prepared or packaged foods. This back to basics way of cooking is easier and less time-consuming than you may think, and the results taste better and are far more nutritious. With this indispensible and detailed cookbook, you'll be able to prepare and enjoy this vibrant and delicious cuisine in your own kitchen!
- Author BiographyMarian Blazes lived in South America for several years. Inspired by the rich local cuisine, Marian attended cooking school at the Cordon Bleu Peru in Lima and received a degree in Pastry Arts. She has been a food writer since 2008, covering South American food for About.com. Marian translated Edible Structures: The Basic Science of What We Eat by Chilean author Jose Miguel Aguilera, which was selected as a Choice Outstanding Academic Title for 2013. She lives in Bethesda, MD.
- Author(s)Marian Blazes
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Series TitleEverything
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Weight476 g
- Width203 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.