All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpert advice for conquering the effects of trauma! If you have been diagsed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), everyday life may seem overwhelming. But you're t alone--there's hope for recovery, and you can learn how to take control of your emotions. The Everything Guide to Overcoming PTSD includes in-depth information on:* Traditional treatments, including psychotherapy, drug therapy, and cognitive behavioral theory.* New methods of support, like mindfulness therapy and animal therapy.* Ways to reverse the physical effects of PTSD.* Techniques for treating children who have developed PTSD. While PTSD is typically associated with war and veteran soldiers, recent studies have found this debilitating condition can be caused by a variety of traumatic events, from a neglectful childhood, medical emergency, and natural disasters to car accidents or physical assaults. No matter what the cause, you'll find supportive advice and treatment techniques to help you find the resilience you need to recover from traumatic events and start living a happier, healthier life.
- Author BiographyRomeo Vitelli, PhD is a psychologist in private practice, where he treats a variety of psychological issues, including grief, depression, chronic pain, phobic reactions, stress and anger management, and post-accident adaptation. He writes regularly on Media Spotlight (a Psychology Today blog), and he is a Healthy Living writer for the Huffington Post. He also writes on his own blog, Providentia (www.drvitelli.typepad.com). He lives in Ontario, Canada.
- Author(s)Romeo Vitelli
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleEverything
- Place of PublicationHolbrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Weight408 g
- Width203 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.