All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to polling data, most Americans doubt that evolution is a real phemen. And it's wonder that so many are skeptical: many of today's biology courses and textbooks dwell on the mechanisms of evolution - natural selection, genetic drift, and gene flow - but say little about the evidence that evolution happens at all. How do we kw that species change? Has there really been eugh time for evolution to operate? With The Evidence for Evolution , Alan R. Rogers provides an elegant, straightforward text that details the evidence for evolution. Rogers covers different levels of evolution, from within-species changes, which are much less challenging to see and believe, to much larger ones, say, from fish to amphibian, or from land mammal to whale. For each case, he supplies numerous lines of evidence to illustrate the changes, including fossils, DNA, and radioactive isotopes. His comprehensive treatment stresses recent advances in kwledge but also recounts the give and take between skeptical scientists who first asked 'how can we be sure' and then marshaled scientific evidence to attain certainty. The Evidence for Evolution is a valuable addition to the literature on evolution and will be essential to introductory courses in the life sciences.
- Author BiographyAlan R. Rogers is professor of anthropology and biology at the University of Utah.
- Author(s)Alan R. Rogers
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note10 halftones, 27 line drawings, 3 tables
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.