All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Evolution of Teaching invites teachers to rethink what teachers and schools do. The need to rethink the role of teachers is driven by an abundance of data showing that teachers are increasingly unhappy with their work. Most critically, they feel a loss of control over their work and their profession as they witness teacher voices being marginalized by impersonal authorities outside of schools who dictate more and more of what teachers and schools must do. The antidote to this condition is the evolution of teaching. Teachers need to take charge and lead change. They need to redefine teaching and schooling in such a way that it authentically supports student learning and teacher learning. They must redefine it in a way that supports every teacher's desire to have a personal impact on students while having control over their own work, stakeholder standing as respected professionals, and a full career of professional growth. As A Guidebook to the Advancement of Teaching, Teacher Education, and Happier Careers, this text will assist teachers in reconceiving the profession of teaching in ways that will make it more personally satisfying while ackwledging that the work of teachers in the twenty-first century must necessarily be different from what we have w, legacy practices of standardization left over from the industrial age.
- Author BiographyRich Waters is a retired high school teacher of 33 years with extensive, on the ground, experience with high school reform. This included working with and for Dr. Sharon Powell of Princeton Leadership, an educational consulting group. He was personally involved with creating and coordinating the new teacher induction programs at Rahway High School, and he was the co-coordinator of the professional development school.
- Author(s)Rich Waters
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight313 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.