All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDetailed history of one of Americas most popular architectural stylesthe Cape Cod housefrom its beginnings more than six centuries ago to the present. The story starts in rural England where yeomen and tradesmen built their small one to one-and-a-half story timber framed cottages. The first settlers that came to the New World and settled in Massachusetts built comparable cottages in the 1620s. After explaining the three basic variationshalf cape, three quarter cape, and full capethe book examines more than 100 historic houses spread throughout southeastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod. Comparing archival images, building plans, and present-day photographs, the book considers different aspects of the evolution of this house style. This study is complete with more than 600 images detailing the interiors and exteriors of these classic homes. A must for anyone interested in architecture, Cape Cod, and the most admired of American homes.
- Author BiographyArthur P. Richmond has been a photographer for more than fifty years. He is the author of fourteen books, and his images are also found in calendars and postcards, as well as on display at several galleries in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Arthur P. Richmond
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note680 photos & illustrations
- Weight1837 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.