All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book describes the evolution of Harley Davidson motorcycles from the perspective of seminal first year model motorcycles. The book takes nineteen first year models from 1911 to 1965 and describes in detail why these models shaped the future of Harley Davidson and the legion of imitators. The similarities, recurrent themes, invations and table model failures are used to illustrate how these motorcycles helped create an American icon. The text includes vital model statistics and detail descriptions of the invations introduced by these first year models. By using contemporary photos of memorabilia, the book helps the reader better appreciate the mind set of a rider in that era. The book contains detailed photographs of the models described in traditional left and right stance as well as numerous detailed photographs of model invations referenced in the text. It has AMCA judging scores, to our kwledge, t seen in any other motorcycle title and a description of point deductions and subsequent corrections to help the would-be restorer. There are over 180 photos of motorcycles, their parts and memorabilia. The book has a soft vinyl coated cover and measures 8 x 10 inches with 132 pages. The photos and text are on n-glossy paper.
- Author BiographyThe author has been an avid collector and restorer of antique Harley-Davidson motorcycles for several decades. The author has been personally involved in some aspect of every motorcycle restoration in his collection. His personal collection includes first year only Harley-Davidson motorcycles dating to 1911. He has an extensive Harley-Davidson Enthusiast library dating to the first issues as well issues of the early Harley-Davidson publication the Dealer. His collection includes all things unique and Harley, from kidney belts to five gallon oil cans to tank decals and emblems. The first antique American motorcycle internet bulletin board was started by the author and his then, teenage son Zach, over a decade ago. While not the fanciest, it still serves the purpose of acting as a forum for those who want to buy, sell or inquire about antique American motorcycles. http: //georgesantiquemotorcycletrader.com/ Motorcycles from his collection have been featured in museum posters as well as paintings and prints by the contemporary painter David Uhl.
- Author(s)George J Pardos MD
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width205 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Photographer(s)Larry George
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.