Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this book is to highlight and analyze several factors impinging on future agricultural trade developments. These factors include rapidly changing food demand patterns arising from ecomic growth and associated urbanisation; the level and nature of support and protection provided to agriculture in both developed and developing countries; the increasing prominence of technical regulations and private standards; the increasing levels of concentration in agricultural supply chains; and growing concerns regarding pressures on the scarce natural resources in light of climate change. The book seeks to improve the level of appreciation and understanding of these factors by collecting a series of contribution by academics and practitioners active in the field of agricultural trade and related policy. It sets the contexts for a discussion on trade policy intervention in the context of evolving structures, reviews evidence on trends in a number of the factors that will shape the evolution of global agricultural trade, and discusses how trade rules may need to be adapted to account for these evolving trends and to deal with the challenges.
- Author(s)Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- PublisherFood & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRome
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFood & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Content Noteill.
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.