All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe first year in the career of a special education teacher is filled with expectation and promise. Addressing the most common needs of beginning special education teachers, The Exceptional Teacher's Handbook helps new educators move confidently from preplanning to post-planning for the entire school year. The authors present a step-by-step management approach complete with planning checklists and other ready-to-use forms within the context of IDEA 2004 and NCLB. Written from the perspective of a classroom teacher, this popular reference offers updates on: * Recognized disabilities * Best instructional practices for getting the most out of your students * Successful parent conferences * Effective plans for professional learning * Alternate assessments, emergencies in the school setting, education termilogy, and more Actively address challenges and concerns with this one-stop handbook that will help smooth the transition from student teacher to professional educator.
- Author BiographyCarla F. Shelton: Carla F. Shelton, Ed.S., has twenty years of experience in the education profession. The majority of her work has been as a special education teacher where she taught students with disabilities in Grades 2 through 12 in resource, self-contained, and collaborative settings. She is the coauthor of Best Practices for Secondary School Counselors and lives in Augusta, Georgia. Alice B. Pollingue: Alice B. Pollingue, Ed.D., is a tenured assistant professor of education at Augusta State University, where she has been teaching for more than fifteen years. Currently, she teaches special education courses to undergraduate and graduate students and is the supervising professor for the entire special education teacher-training program. She lives in Augusta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Alice B. Pollingue,Carla F. Shelton
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight914 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.