All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.53
- AU $50.00Trending at AU $70.59
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.38
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.79
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.23
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.80
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Robert Mayer has created a spellbinding tale of resounding readability which provides the most powerful, indictment capital punishment arid the court system ever to appear in fictional form. The Execution explores the delicate, all too individualistic threads that weave the web. of American justice; with frightening precision, Mayer, traps the reader within that web, squarely upon Death Row.
- Author BiographyBorn in the Bronx, N.Y., Robert Mayer attended the City College of NY, and the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. After a brief stint at the Washington Post, he joined the staff of Newsday. He spent ten years there, six as a reporter and four as the paper's New York City columnist. In 1968 he won the National Headliner Award as the best feature columnist in the country. In 1969 he won the Mike Berger Award for the year's best writing about New York City. In 1971 he received the Mike Berger Award again, becoming the first person to win it twice. He then moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico, to write books and articles. Mayer is the author of twelve books-ten novels and two works of non-fiction. Three of the books have been reissued in new editions during the past few years. They include Superfolks, which (for better or worse) altered the treatment of super heroes in comics and movies forever; Notes of a Baseball Dreamer, a memoir about growing up as a wannabe major leaguer in the city; and The Dreams of Ada, the true story of two men spending life in prison for a murder they did not commit. Between writing books Mayer served six years as managing editor and then editor of The Santa Fe Reporter, an alternative weekly. His journalism has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, Conde Naste Traveler, Travel & Leisure, Metropolitan Home, Rocky Mountain Magazine and numerous other publications. Currently he is completing a new novel.
- Author(s)Professor Emeritus of English Robert Mayer
- PublisherSpeaking Volumes, LLC
- Date of Publication16/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpeaking Volumes, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.