Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionIn the most recent ecomic recession, experienced professionals (those with 10 or more years of experience on the job) have been downsized at double the rate of other workers. It's these same workers who find themselves ill-prepared for the rigors of job-hunting - many have been at the same companies for most of their careers, and they need to seriously develop their interviewing and networking skills in order to find a new job in today's competitive environment. Speaker and author Orrin Wood has already taught these important networking and job-hunting skills to thousands of men and women as the founder of the Harvard Business School Association of Boston job counseling workshop. An outplacement expert for more than a dozen years, Wood offers strategies and insights for experienced professionals on all aspects of the job search: Determining your job goals and getting your search off to the right start; Taking charge of your job-hunting campaign by learning to sell yourself ; Improving your attractiveness to potential employers; Preparing for interviews and refining your interviewing effectiveness; Conducting the networking campaign; Exploring alternative career options and planning for the future; Wood's emphasis is on helping job seekers take charge of their own job searches. Wood offers concrete information about researching, contacting, and following up with potential job contacts - including sample resumes, cover letters, interview scripts, and phone etiquette. By mining the vast network of colleagues and acquaintances that they have acquired through their years of experience, as well as aggressively seeking out new networking opportunities and following up on them, job hunters will learn how to make the connections they need to find a new career.
- Author BiographyOrrin Wood runs a successful, Boston-based outplacement firm. He is a graduate of Harvard Business School and founder of the Harvard Business School Association of Boston job counseling workshop.
- Author(s)Orrin Wood
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitleCareer (Exclude VGM)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.