All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExoplanet research is one of the most explosive subjects in astromy today. More than 500 exoplanets are w kwn, and groups world-wide are actively involved in a broad range of observational and theoretical efforts. This book ties together these many avenues of investigation - from the perspectives of observation, techlogy and theory - to give a comprehensive, up-to-date review of the entire field. All areas of exoplanet investigation are covered, making it a unique and valuable guide for researchers in astromy and planetary science, including those new to the field. It treats the many different techniques w available for exoplanet detection and characterisation, the broad range of underlying physics, the overlap with related topics in solar system and Earth sciences, and the concepts underpinning future developments. It emphasises the interconnection between the various fields and provides extensive references to more in-depth treatments and reviews.
- Author BiographyMichael Perryman spent 2010 as a Distinguished Visitor at the University of Heidelberg and at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy, Heidelberg. During an extensive career with the European Space Agency, he was the scientific leader of the Hipparcos space astrometry mission, a project which has provided a unique observational foundation for many aspects of exoplanet studies. He was Professor of Astronomy at Leiden University, The Netherlands, between 1993 and 2009. He chaired the influential European Space Agency-European Southern Observatory (ESA-ESO) working group on extra-solar planets in 2005, and has served on various national working groups and strategy panels for the future development of exoplanet research.
- Author(s)Michael Perryman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note223 b/w illus.
- Weight910 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.