All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.59
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $31.27
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $29.96Trending at AU $38.59
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Glenister and Ian McDiarmid star in a gripping BBC Radio 4 dramatisation of William Peter Blatty's classic horror vel. When a radio play is this good, the devil really is in the details. (Radio Times). Summoned to a case of apparent possession, Father Karras is at first sceptical, then horrified. The victim -a 12-year-old girl named Regan - seems to be controlled by a malign supernatural force that makes her swear, blaspheme, scream in agony and perform appalling acts. Attempting to find a rational explanation for the girl's behaviour, Karras tries to talk to Regan, only to find himself locking horns with the demon inside her head. Its many voices mock him, tormenting him with his weakness, doubts and buried guilt. With his faith in God and humanity tested to the limit, Karras turns to the ultimate solution: exorcism...The film version of The Exorcist is widely considered to be one of the most terrifying movies ever made. This new, full-cast radio drama is just as chilling, suspenseful and shocking, while also retaining the depth and psychological complexity of Blatty's original vel. Adapted by Sony Award-winning dramatist Robert Forrest, it stars Robert Glenister as Karras, Alexandra Mathie as the Demon and Ian McDiarmid as Merrin.
- Author BiographyWilliam Peter Blatty (born January 7, 1928) is an American writer and filmmaker. The Exorcist, written in 1971, is his most well-known novel; he also wrote the screenplay for the film adaptation, for which he won an Academy Award, and wrote and directed the sequel, The Exorcist III. His most recent works include the novels Elsewhere (2009), Dimiter (2010), and Crazy (2010). Blatty's upcoming publications include The Exorcist For The 21st Century featuring an original and never before published adaptation for a new miniseries of Blatty's classic novel, and a non-fiction book that is part funny memoir and part proof of life after death, entitled Finding Peter: A Wild Ride In Search Of The Soul.
- Author(s)William Peter Blatty
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight105 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byAlexandra Mathie,Full Cast,Robert Glenister
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time115
- Edition StatementA&M
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.