All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic book, long out of print, investigates the experimental determination of one of the fundamental constants of astrophysics and its significance for astromy. The equations of general relativity include a constant lambda in their solution. If lambda is n-zero and positive, this represents the existence of a phemen of cosmical repulsion. In this book Eddington discussed the implications of this for models of the universe. The book offers a unique sidelight upon the history of ideas and Eddington's artistry. His evident enjoyment of writing and exposition shine through, and astrophysicists and historians of science will find that this reissue throws fascinating light on one of Britain's greatest scientists.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Eddington
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/01/1988
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleCambridge Science Classics S.
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight180 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.