All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionThe Experiment can be described as 'a study of erotic love and the soul'. The two main characters undertake to write a play together, as an experiment, to see if they can succeed where others have failed, in achieving true collaboration and union through their writing. The result of this experiment is a stream of consciousness and a collection of tales in which themes such as love, sex, religious ecstasy, psychiatry and myth are intertwined. The book's style is unique, as it attempts to unify subtly connected narratives, partial tales that lean toward the structure of a more synthetic prose piece, but which cant be regarded as either vella or vel. The book in its original Greek was awarded the prestigious European Prize for Literature in 2010. The aim of this prize is to put the spotlight on the creativity and diverse wealth of Europe's contemporary literature in the field of fiction, to promote the circulation of literature within Europe and encourage greater interest in n-national literary works. Translated into English, The Experiment offers the reader a unique and enriching reading experience which transcends literary and cultural rms.
- Author BiographyMyrto Azina Chronides was born in Nicosia. She took up literature from an early age and won first prizes for poetry and a short story in competitions at Pancyprian Gymnasium , from where she graduated. She studied medicine at Bonn University in Germany and then specialised in family medicine. She has published three previous books: Diary 1974, Pathology and Rachel.
- Author(s)Myrto Azina-Chronides
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectErotic Fiction
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byIrena Joannides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.